My second Podcast is up, and I believe it's better than the first. We got lots of good feedback - thanks everyone - and had some good fun with this one. We've tightened up the opening, and I've got a little more sleep. Some folks who'd see me speak before thought I sounded pretty "wiped" in the first show. Others found me "anxious" and "monotone." I can tell you that being up at 3am with a baby, while a special joy, isn't conducive to diction and ennunciation. I'm much more myself in this show and Carl does his very best not to waste anyone's time.
UPDATED NOTE: The (fairly significant) bandwidth is maxed out and we're looking into more. For now, try the Torrrents listed on http://www.hanselminutes.com. If you really want to get Hanselminutes shows quickly, first download and install Azureus. Next, watch this Flash video on how to set it up with an RSS/Podcasting plugin and use the torrent links.
We're listed in the iTunes Podcast Directory, so I encourage you to subscribe with a single click (two in Firefox) with the button below. For those of you on slower connections there are lo-fi and torrent-based versions as well. We're looking into a .zip version for folks who have audio extensions blocked at work.
As I've said before this show comes to you with the audio expertise and stewardship of Carl Franklin. The name comes from Travis Illig, but the goal of the show is simple. Avoid wasting the listener's time. (and make the commute less boring)
- Each show will include a number of links, and all those links will be posted along with the show on the site. There were 15 sites mentioned in this second episode, some planned, some not.
- The basic MP3 feed is here, and the iPod friendly one is here. There's a number of other ways you can get it (streaming, straight download, etc) that are all up on the site just below the fold. I use iTunes, myself, to listen to most podcasts, but I also use FeedDemon and it's built in support. IPodder is also a nice, free, client.
- Note that for now, because of bandwidth constraints, the feeds always have just the current show. If you want to get an old show (and because many Podcasting Clients aren't smart enough to not download the file more than once) you can always find them at http://www.hanselminutes.com.
- I have, and will, also include the enclosures to this feed you're reading, so if you're already subscribed to ComputerZen and you're not interested in cluttering your life with another feed, you have the choice to get the 'cast as well.
- If there's a topic you'd like to hear, perhaps one that is better spoken than presented on a blog, or a great tool you can't live without, contact me and I'll get it in the queue!