I'm amazed that anyone's computer still runs anymore!
This holiday weekend, when you (computer person) visit your cousin/dad/aunt/grandma, give them a gift:
* install anti-spyware software and configure it to run automatically on startup. I use SpyBot Search and Destroy.
* enable their existing Windows Xp firewall, just turn it on
* give them anti-Virus software (or install the free version of AVG)
* run diskcleanup and defrag
* lower the size of the IE cache
* turn the security in IE up (for ActiveX controls) or install FireFox.
Let's make July 4th a Safe To Surf Day!
Scott Hanselman - Corillian Corp
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld