Brainstorming Hardware Projects
I'm looking to do some hardware/gadget related projects and articles in .NET.
Brainstorm with me...
- An X10 clickable floorplan of your home for use as a 10ft interface in Windows Media Center
- A USB video monitor window for watching the front door or babies. Pop it up when movement is detected? Perhaps use Windows Image Acquisition.
- An interface and charting/graphing application for my Blood Sugar meter. Perhaps set it up for any medical device with values over time.
- Live GPS tracking that reports my position to a blog as I move.
- Lego Mindstorm Robot with .NET?
- Hook up to the monitor port of a car (the one the auto techs use) and dump the collected internal logs.
- An Outlook Calendar Provider that shows a new Calendar with blood sugar (or blood pressure, etc) data pulled from a device and stored in another file.
- A UPnP client in .NET
- Something with a .NET CPU - Ideas?
- Report Continuous Integration build status to a SPOT Watch
- Something with the Windows Fingerprint Reader?
- Get a CueCat or BarCode Scanner to catalog all my books using Amazon.com Web Services.