Fun with Channel 9 Videos - Live at PDC and Live to Tape
One of the things I was lucky to do at PDC 09 a few weeks ago was host a "talk show." The folks at Channel 9 hooked up some amazing equipment and a great team and had basically 8 solid hours of live television streaming (over Silverlight and IIS Smooth Streaming) every day using the Professional Developer's Conference.
I had an hour or so each day over the three day conference, usually around the lunch hour. Some guests were fun, some were more challenging, but I tell you - after having done stand-up (and kind of failed), doing code demos and powerpoint for years, hosting panels and roundtables, I think I'm supposed to be hosting my own talk show. ;) If I had more creative control (and wasn't working for The Man) I'd love to take on Craig Ferguson or Jimmy Fallon. What a blast!
Anyway, Nic and the team at Channel 9 are busy transcoding and chopping out many hours of videos and putting them up on Channel 9 under the "ch9live" tag.
Two of my segments are up so far, but there's a dozen segments with lots of great hosts like Charles Torre and Robert Hess. One day they'll let me near Ozzie, but this time I got to sit down with Bob Muglia and the deeply awesome Mike Anguilo. Mike is the GM dude that designed the laptop that all the PDC attendees took him. Even though I was nice to him, he didn't give me a laptop. Sigh.
Here's some video. I'll post more as it comes up, and be sure to check out the whole set as more are going up each day. Here's the complete Live on Channel 9 schedule.
Scott talks to Mike Anguilo about the PDC Laptop
Channel 9 Live at PDC09: Bob Muglia and the Cloud
I hope you enjoy watching them as much as I had doing them. More to come soon! Maybe they'll let me be more wacky at Mix 2010!
Oh, other thing, last week Jon Galloway and I were up in Redmond for his New Employee Orientation (NEO) last week and we stopped by (crashed, really) "This Week on Channel 9."
TWC9: Scott Hanselman, Jon Galloway, Bing, parallel unit tests, more
This week on Channel 9, we're joined by Scott Hanselman and Jon Galloway to discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- Bing blog - Bing announces a number of updates including using Silverlight, Streetside, integrated Photosynth, neighborhood outlines and integrated applications (Twitter, Traffic, etc)
- Laura Foy - First look at Streetside in Bing Maps
- VS Test Team - How to execute unit tests in parallel on a multi-CPU/multi-core machine
- Stephen Forte - How to use the Open Data Protocol visualizer to browse a Web service data model
- David Anson - Silverlight and WPF Data Visualization updated to support SL4/WPF4
- Clint Rutkas - Coding4Fun Projects at PDC
- Laura Foy - The PDC Geekfest party including the Drunktender contest
- Pete Brown - The Future of client app dev - WPF & Silverlight to converge
- Pinal Dave - How to build Comma Separated Values (CSV) from a table column
- Coding4Fun - Andy Beaulieu - Creating a Pinball game in Silverlight & Expression Blend and Farseer Physics, including 11-part video tutorial (Play demo)
- Picks of the week:
- Dan's pick: favstar.fm which tracks the most favorited tweets on Twitter
- Scott's pick: Zeo Personal Life Coach - Tracks when you're in deep sleep, REM, how often you wake up, and more
- Jon's pick: John Sheehan - 130+ jQuery Code Snippets for Visual Studio 2010make it so that you don't have to remember jQuery syntax
On the live side of things, Here's the other great segments from Channel 9 Live @ PDC as of the time of this post:
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09 Kurt DelBene<
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09 Mike Anguilo
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09: Dean Hachamovitch
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09: Gary Flake
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09: Mark Russinovich and Patrick Dussud
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09: Dr Jeff Norris, NASA
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09: Scott Guthrie
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09: Bob Muglia
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09: Ray Ozzie
- Channel 9 Live at PDC09 Schedule
- Announcing Channel 9 Live at PDC09