Hanselman's Newsletter of Wonderful Things: July 2nd, 2013
I have a "whenever I get around to doing it" Newsletter of Wonderful Things. Why a newsletter? I dunno. It seems more personal somehow. Fight me.
You can view all the previous newsletters here. You can sign up here to the Newsletter of Wonderful Thingsor just wait and get them some weeks later on the blog, which hopefully you have subscribed to. Email folks get it first!
Here's the newsletter that I sent out July 2nd.
Thanks again for signing up for this experiment. Here's some interesting things I've come upon this week. If you forwarded this (or if it was forwarded to you) a reminder: You can sign up at http://hanselman.com/newsletter and the archive of all previous Newsletters is here.
Remember, you get the newsletter here first. This one will be posted to the blog as an archive in a few weeks.
- Nicolas Cage's "Lincoln" Audition Reel ;)
- Teacher wears same outfit for 40 years for the yearbook picture
- Yelp generates a Heat Map based on the word "hipster" so now you know where they are.
- Games of Thrones scenes in LEGO
- What if Shakespeare wrote Star Wars?
- Turns out that the Garfield comics are funny if you remove Garfield. http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/
- There is an abandoned island in the middle of New York. Pictures here.
- Fantastic Ted Talk by Reggie Watts crossing poetry and music.
- What if you took all the redesigns of websites and phone operating systems and put them in one place? http://uninvitedredesigns.com
- Dust off your Raspberry Pi and get some Retro Gaming set up for the kids.
- Painting with Tetris. One day I'll know enough math to understand this.
- My BUILD talk on "What's new in ASP.NET" is recorded and up on Channel 9.
- David Peterson on developing the fake Dothraki language.
- Have you listened to my show with Luvvie? It's Ratchet and The Geek!
- I need to try this.
- Keep your receipts, in case you're accused of murder.
- 10 New Features in Windows 8.1 Preview that saved my Surface RT
- Options aren't always a good idea, some checkboxes can kill your product.
(BTW, since you *love* email you can subscribe to my blog via email here: http://feeds.hanselman.com/ScottHanselman DO IT!)
P.P.S. You know you can forward this to your friends, right?