Hanselman's Newsletter of Wonderful Things: June 2nd, 2014
I have a "whenever I get around to doing it" Newsletter of Wonderful Things. Why a newsletter? I dunno. It seems more personal somehow. Fight me.
You can view all the previous newsletters here. You can sign up here to the Newsletter of Wonderful Thingsor just wait and get them some weeks later on the blog, which hopefully you have subscribed to. If you're signed up via email, you'll get all the goodness FIRST. I also encourage you to subscribe to my blog. You can also have all my blog posts delivered via email if you like.
Here's the Newsletter from June. Subscribers get the new one first. ;)
- There's lot of code to generate a random color. But this snippet generates a random *attractive color.* Take that.
- URL shorteners are officially out of control.
- How to tell someone's age when all you know is their name.
- Bane Cat is going to kill you.
- The new Hello Kitty Avengers.
- Penny Arcade on the new Surface Pro 3
- Do you know when to use a JPG and when to use a PNG?
- Bubble Maps are intimidating, but they are easier than you think with D3.js
- The sitcoms of the past would be better with Drake, right?
- My full length movie with Rob Conery "Get Involved in Tech" is now free to watch!
- What are the truly GREAT works of software?
- DuckTales had a great theme song. What if we slow-jammed it?
- What it really means to be a junior developer
- Diabetes aren't waiting for an artificial pancreas. I met this couple in Seattle, they are making their own.
- Kerbal Space Program - Manage your own NASA
- One Man's Attempt to save the ST:TNG Bridge.
- Windows Phone 8.1 has my attention now.
- Kernal 101 - let's write an operating system Kernal.
- The voice of Winnie The Pooh reads Darth Vader's lines.
- Screenhero - screen sharing with multiple mice over the web
- CSS Diner - Amazing interactive tutorials for CSS and selectors
- ASCII Flow - Basically VISIO but on the web and for ASCII Art.
- Andrew Huang raps using just one vowel.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Colbert
- Iconic - a new way of thinking about Icons
- The system from Jurassic Parks is online and ready for you. It's a Unix machine. YOU KNOW THIS.
- Finally, Flappy Bird for Commodore 64.
- Young People swap clothes with their Parents
- Playing Pokemon with 70,000 friends.
- Greek Tragedy: The True Paternity of the Girls on Full House. I knew it.
- Star Wars: 80s High School.
- Bathtub Michael McDonald
- Kellabyte's home test lab is better than the one at your company.
- 33 interior decorating ideas for your house
- This dad and his 5 year old daughter recreate famous art of the Old Masters
- "How you look when you've reached the pinnacle of Maslow's hierarchy of needs"
- Lupita has joined the cast of Star Wars VII!
Again, this the newsletter from June. There will be a new issue, very soon.
Sponsor: Thanks to friends at RayGun.io. I use their product and LOVE IT. Get notified of your software’s bugs as they happen! Raygun.io has error tracking solutions for every major programming language and platform - Start a free trial in under a minute!