Hanselminutes Podcast 12
My twelfth Podcast is up. This episode is about 10 Windows Utilities you may not realize you already have.
We're listed in the iTunes Podcast Directory, so I encourage you to subscribe with a single click (two in Firefox) with the button below. For those of you on slower connections there are lo-fi and torrent-based versions as well.
Our sponsors are Xceed, PeterBlum and the .NET Dev Journal.
NOTE: Xceed is a new sponsor and I'm stoked about it. Do take moment to check them out. Xceed is the home of the brilliant Martin Plante and you should subscribe to his blog and not just because of his (honest) criticisms of podcasting. He is leaving Xceed in two months, but they part as friends. Martin is an expert in all things System.IO, IMHO, and particularly System.IO.Stream. Their Data Manipulation Suite is top notch.
As I've said before this show comes to you with the audio expertise and stewardship of Carl Franklin. The name comes from Travis Illig, but the goal of the show is simple. Avoid wasting the listener's time. (and make the commute less boring)
- Each show will include a number of links, and all those links will be posted along with the show on the site. There were 14 sites mentioned in this twelfth episode, some planned, some not.
- The basic MP3 feed is here, and the iPod friendly one is here. There's a number of other ways you can get it (streaming, straight download, etc) that are all up on the site just below the fold. I use iTunes, myself, to listen to most podcasts, but I also use FeedDemon and it's built in support.
- Note that for now, because of bandwidth constraints, the feeds always have just the current show. If you want to get an old show (and because many Podcasting Clients aren't smart enough to not download the file more than once) you can always find them at http://www.hanselminutes.com.
- I have, and will, also include the enclosures to this feed you're reading, so if you're already subscribed to ComputerZen and you're not interested in cluttering your life with another feed, you have the choice to get the 'cast as well.
- If there's a topic you'd like to hear, perhaps one that is better spoken than presented on a blog, or a great tool you can't live without, contact me and I'll get it in the queue!
Enjoy. Who knows what'll happen in the next show?