Hanselminutes Podcast 3
My third Podcast is up. We talk about geotagging, ubuntu, Macs on Windows, XSLT Performance amongst other things and share some new tools.
We're listed in the iTunes Podcast Directory, so I encourage you to subscribe with a single click (two in Firefox) with the button below. For those of you on slower connections there are lo-fi and torrent-based versions as well. We're looking into a .zip version for folks who have audio extensions blocked at work.
As I've said before this show comes to you with the audio expertise and stewardship of Carl Franklin. The name comes from Travis Illig, but the goal of the show is simple. Avoid wasting the listener's time. (and make the commute less boring)
- Each show will include a number of links, and all those links will be posted along with the show on the site. There were 15 sites mentioned in this third episode, some planned, some not. We're trying Shrinkster.com on this show.
- The basic MP3 feed is here, and the iPod friendly one is here. There's a number of other ways you can get it (streaming, straight download, etc) that are all up on the site just below the fold. I use iTunes, myself, to listen to most podcasts, but I also use FeedDemon and it's built in support. IPodder is also a nice, free, client.
- Note that for now, because of bandwidth constraints, the feeds always have just the current show. If you want to get an old show (and because many Podcasting Clients aren't smart enough to not download the file more than once) you can always find them at http://www.hanselminutes.com.
- I have, and will, also include the enclosures to this feed you're reading, so if you're already subscribed to ComputerZen and you're not interested in cluttering your life with another feed, you have the choice to get the 'cast as well.
- If there's a topic you'd like to hear, perhaps one that is better spoken than presented on a blog, or a great tool you can't live without, contact me and I'll get it in the queue!
Enjoy. Next show I think we'll get deep technical on a topic or two, so there will likely be fewer links and a single longer discussion, probably about how we do Continuous Integration.
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
Steve will be banning books soon.. oh yeah he already did that last year:
Loved the show. I'm posting this comment from firefox running in Ubuntu Linux right now. I never would have looked into it without your recommendation, but now I'm thinking it may be a good idea for my (aging) parents and thier slow computer.
P.S. Tried listening last night on my TiVo and it stays plays suuuppperrr slooooooow. Wierd.
Comments are closed.