Hanselminutes Podcast 50 - OpenID/Microsoft Announcement
My fiftieth podcast is up. This one was about the OpenID/Microsoft Annoucement and how OpenID will affect Identity 2.0 possibly more than CardSpace - certainly in the short term.
ACTION: Please vote for us on Podcast Alley!
Links from the Show
My OpenID (lu2)
ZDNET on the Announcement (lu7)
OpenID Screencast (lu3)
Historical Background (lu8)
Notes on Bill Gates’ Identity Keynote (luc)
OpenID Explained (lu4)
CardSpace / OpenID Collaboration Announcement (lu9)
TailRank on OpenID (lud)
Identity 1.0 (lu5)
Scott Kveton on CardSpace and OpenID (lua)
Integrating OpenID and Infocard - Part 1 (lue)
OpenID Commentary (lu6)
Do also remember the archives are always up and they have PDF Transcripts, a little known feature that show up a few weeks after each show.
Our sponsors are /n software and the .NET Dev Journal.
As I've said before this show comes to you with the audio expertise and stewardship of Carl Franklin. The name comes from Travis Illig, but the goal of the show is simple. Avoid wasting the listener's time. (and make the commute less boring)
- The basic MP3 feed is here, and the iPod friendly one is here. There's a number of other ways you can get it (streaming, straight download, etc) that are all up on the site just below the fold. I use iTunes, myself, to listen to most podcasts, but I also use FeedDemon and it's built in support.
- Some other clients are Doppler (also suppose Windows CE), FireAnt, Nimiq, and PrimeTime Podcast.
- Note that for now, because of bandwidth constraints, the feeds always have just the current show. If you want to get an old show (and because many Podcasting Clients aren't smart enough to not download the file more than once) you can always find them at http://www.hanselminutes.com.
- I have, and will, also include the enclosures to this feed you're reading, so if you're already subscribed to ComputerZen and you're not interested in cluttering your life with another feed, you have the choice to get the 'cast as well.
- If there's a topic you'd like to hear, perhaps one that is better spoken than presented on a blog, or a great tool you can't live without, contact me and I'll get it in the queue!
Enjoy. Who knows what'll happen in the next show?
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
Comments are closed.
This was a rocking show and I really liked the idea of MSFT and other companies coming togeather and working up with the identity n security issues and I'm looking forward to hear more on this topic from you guys and Thanks for the links :)