Hanselminutes Podcast 7
My seventh Podcast is up. This episode is all about XML. It wasn't nearly long enough to go into the detail I'd have liked. I need to focus!
We're listed in the iTunes Podcast Directory, so I encourage you to subscribe with a single click (two in Firefox) with the button below. For those of you on slower connections there are lo-fi and torrent-based versions as well.
Our sponsors are Automated QA, PeterBlum and the .NET Dev Journal.
Do take a look at TestComplete from Automated QA. It integrates with Visual Studio 2005 and I'm going to try to get a formal review of their stuff soon, particularly their functional Web Testing and Recording.
As I've said before this show comes to you with the audio expertise and stewardship of Carl Franklin. The name comes from Travis Illig, but the goal of the show is simple. Avoid wasting the listener's time. (and make the commute less boring)
- Each show will include a number of links, and all those links will be posted along with the show on the site. There were 15 sites mentioned in this fifth episode, some planned, some not. We're still using Shrinkster.com on this show.
- The basic MP3 feed is here, and the iPod friendly one is here. There's a number of other ways you can get it (streaming, straight download, etc) that are all up on the site just below the fold. I use iTunes, myself, to listen to most podcasts, but I also use FeedDemon and it's built in support.
- Some other clients are Doppler (also suppose Windows CE), FireAnt, Nimiq, and PrimeTime Podcast.
- Note that for now, because of bandwidth constraints, the feeds always have just the current show. If you want to get an old show (and because many Podcasting Clients aren't smart enough to not download the file more than once) you can always find them at http://www.hanselminutes.com.
- I have, and will, also include the enclosures to this feed you're reading, so if you're already subscribed to ComputerZen and you're not interested in cluttering your life with another feed, you have the choice to get the 'cast as well.
- If there's a topic you'd like to hear, perhaps one that is better spoken than presented on a blog, or a great tool you can't live without, contact me and I'll get it in the queue!
Enjoy. Who knows what'll happen in the next show?
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
Comments are closed.