Mix 09 - First Half Rollup and Session Videos
We are having a fine time at Mix '09 here in Las Vegas. You may have watched the keynotes live at http://live.visitmix.com/.
Even better, you can watch the sessions as fast as they can get them up online at http://sessions.visitmix.com/MIX09.
Here's a couple of choice (my choice) sessions you should check out. They are really well presented with not just slides, but also video of the presenter.
- Day One Keynote and Day Two Keynote
- What's New in Silverlight 3 - Joe Stegman is the Group Program Manager for the SL3 runtime. This is a good overview. Also check out Tim's detailed guide to Silverlight 3 new features blog post.
- Building Out of Browser Experiences with Microsoft Silverlight 3 - If you haven't heard, you'll be able to build out of the browser with Silverlight 3. Mike Harsh explains how. Tim Heuer has a great post on how this works in exquisite detail.
- Microsoft ASP.NET 4.0 : What's Next? - Stephen Walther breaks down all the improvements to ASP.NET 4.0 and VS2010.
- Creating Interactivity with Microsoft Expression Blend
- How'd they do it? Real App. Real Code. Two Weeks. Nothing but .NET
- This one is my "lightning" sessions that talks about how the Adidas Motorsport Widget was developed with WPF, ADO.NET Data Services and ASP.NET Dynamic Data. The talk was only 15 minutes long with a 5 minute Q&A and was quite fun.
- Principles of Microsoft Silverlight Animation - A really great presentation to make sure you've got the solid base to build on when doing any kind of animation in SL.
- Building Accessible RIAs in Microsoft Silverlight - Chris Auld shows how they made an accessible SL3 application for the vision-impaired. Very cool.
- Building Amazing Business Centric Applications with Microsoft Silverlight 3 - This is Brad Abrams, all code, NO SLIDES.
I really enjoyed talking to the very awesome Johnny Lee. Seriously, get to know this guy.
"Wow. I just bumped into Johnny Lee in the halls here at Mix09. I'm a huge fan boi with a man-crush on this dude. You've seen Johnny before on Channel 9 talking to Robert Hess. Johnny's a legend (in my mind) in the computer vision space, and he put up with me gushing at him here at Mix09. We chatted in the hall about computer vision, what he's working on, how he got the gig at Microsoft and where he sees the future of human-computer-interaction."
I'm also wandering around talking to interesting people and I've posted a few videos up at at Channel 9 under the "mix09" tag. There's a lot of videos up there from Charles and Tina from C9 as well. Check out this video of Miguel de Icaza on Moonlight, and ASP.NET MVC with Adam Kinney and Phil Haack.
I'm hoping to post more videos as I take them. I've also recorded at least two great episodes of Hanselminutes that will be up ASAP. More soon!
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
They seem to require some sort of plugin for my browser that doesn't come in a linux version!
Comments are closed.