Now THERE'S a Training Session I'd like to take...
This looks hot...a little something JasonW at DM is cooking up. Guerilla .NET 2.0 in London. Here's his outline:
- The CLR, how it works, and what's new for v2.0
- Garbage collector stuff inclduing the good, bad, and ugly of new stuff like HandleCollector and GC.AddMemoryPressure
- C# type system stuff including Generics and Nullable
- Fun with delegates including where Anon delegates actually make sense, including the Async Delegate Two-Step
- Windows Forms. Ian will give that talk, need I say more?
- ADO.NET 2.0. Richard Blewett will be there and my guess is we'll have to chase him off the stage with a stick
- The aforementioned new async coverage. Two lectures worth of material.
- Deployment, Deployment, Deployment. Fusion. ClickOnce. CAS.
- Umanaged code Interop. The lab for this one is really cool - you'll have to see it to believe it.
- "Old school" Networking. We'll actually talk less about remothing than we've done in the past, but more about sockets and MSMQ.
- HTTP - I wrote a brand new two-lecture look at "modern" HTTP programming starting with HttpListener and going all the way through ASP.NET and, of course, the much-hyped WebServices.