Podcast Update with Guest Spots and a New Show - October 2012
I've been on a podcasting kick lately. Not for any particular reason, but a number of things have come together that have found me as a guest on a number of podcasts. I've also had the good fortune to have a number of great guests on Hanselminutes lately.
Lots of folks who listen to podcasts are doing it while commuting. I hope you enjoy these additional podcasts and perhaps they'll edutain you during your daily commute.
I hope you take a few minutes and download a few of these shows.
StackExchange Podcast #35
Just last week my buddy Joel Spolsky had me on the 35th episode of the new StackExchange Podcast. I've complained about podcasts that are "just talk" before and brought my prejudice to Joel's show, but we have so much fun just beating each other up that I have to admit defeat. Not ever podcast has to be dense with information and content - and this episode is no exception. ;)
I hope they'll have me back soon.
Announcing - Ratchet and The Geek #1
Just a few days ago I launched my third podcast as a collaboration with my good friend Luvvie. Luvvie is a social media consultant and popular humor blogger that I've known for years. We've been kicking around the idea of a podcast since early this Spring. We have such fun when we call each other on the phone, why don't we start recording our calls? (and adding a little structure.)
Luvvie has blogging, social media and marketing expertise, while I'm a coder and teacher. We both like the same music, pop culture, TV shows, movies, gadget and technology so we have mashed it all together into Ratchet and The Geek.
We'll be doing the show late late on Thursday nights every two weeks.
Fanboy Radio #616
I've been REALLY getting into Digital Comics via Comixology over the last year and blogged about it in some detail (with animated gifs!) and earlier this year I was a guest on an episode of Fanboy Radio.
Fanboy Radio (or 'FbR') is a radio talk show all about pop culture and entertainment from the fan's perspective. It's also broadcast on the radio in Fort Worth, Texas.
We had a great chat, covering the rise of digital comics, Comixology, GuidedView technology and lots more. The guys were a lot of fun and it was an opportunity for me to geek out about something that isn't programming or computers. (I DO have other interests, you know.)
Simple Mobile Review (SMRPodcast) #136
Last month I was on Simple Mobile Review at the invitation of Chris Ashley. We talked about phones and NFC technology and if it will ever take off. We discussed the new iPhone 5 and teased Robb for sticking with his BlackBerry.
It was a great time and we spent a bunch of time teasing each other, which is an important part of any good podcast.
This Developer's Life - Drama
- Peter Cooper Friendly publisher, programmer and author
- Derick Bailey Consultant and aspiring microprenuer
- H. Alan Stevens Father, Geek & Speaker
- Dave Ward Software developer focusing on jQuery and web application usability.
- Sara Chipps Just a girl, standing in front of a compiler, asking it to love her.
- Tenderlove When I'm not trimming my beard, I'm hanging out with my lady.
This Developer's Life is sponsored out of kindness by the epic win that is DevExpress.
Hanselminutes Podcast Rollup
If I may be so bold as to say Hanselminutes has been pretty good lately. I've had some great guests - many suggested by listeners! - and some great conversations. Here's just this month:
- An Interview with Paul Lutus - Don't miss this one. Paul has worked for NASA, wrote AppleWriter and sailed around the world.
- Porting "Contre Jour" to HTML5 with Erik Klimczak - Can you really port an award-winning iOS app to HTML5 without compromises?
- What is TypeScript and why with Anders Hejlsberg - I talk to the creator of C# himself about his team's latest venture.
- Continuous Delivery with Jez Humble and Martin Fowler - Two of the smartest guys I know talking about a topic that will change how your team develops software.
This week's show has a special offer for listeners from DNSimple, my DNS service of choice. Four months free at http://dnsimple.com/hm. Did you miss one of these shows perhaps? Why not subscribe now so you don't miss another show?
Sponsor: Big thanks to this week's sponsor. Check them out, it's a great program, I've done it and spoken to actual live humans who help you get started writing an app! Begin your 30-day journey to creating a Windows Store app or game for Windows 8 or Windows Phone today. Your Idea. Your App. 30 Days.