Thanks to everyone who attended my talk at the A hrefhttp
Thanks to everyone who attended my talk at the Portland Area .NET Users Group on Thursday on the .NET Compact Framework. Here's some pointers to follow up information, as well as some of the utilities I used during the talk.
- Most of the the code and presentation can be downloaded from PADNUG's Presentation page.
- The Remote Display tool for seeing a Pocket PC screen on your desktop over TCP/IP is a Microsoft PocketPC Power Toy.
- A version of Zoomin, the screen magnifier, is included with Visual Studio 6.0, but there is a freeware version from Brian Friesen. Both are great, and I actually prefer the flexiblity of Brian's.
- The .NET IL Disassembler is called ILDASM.EXE and if you have the .NET SDK, this is installed on your system already in the Framework's BIN directory. It's your best friend.
- The AskDotNet Survey application is available from GotDotNet including source in C# or in VB.NET
- The SOAP tracing tool I used is the fantastically useful YATT from Simon Fell.
- It looks like the .NET CF Beta 1 is closed, so you'll have to talk to your beta-friends to look at it.
Rest assured though, it will be included in the next (very soon) version of Visual Studio.NET...check out the roadmap.
I'll be speaking next at the Software Association of Oregon's Developer SIG, probably on Wednesday November 20th, so join me there! Details will be posted soon.