The Future of .NET on the Server: ASP.NET vNext content and videos from TechEd 2014
Hi everyone, last week we announced ASP.NET vNext to the world at TechEd North America. All the sessions videos are up and available for downloading on Channel 9! There are still many MANY months between this early alpha that we've shared and release, so I'd encourage you all to subscribe to the .NET Web Development blog. This is a group blog, from and by the ASP.NET and Azure Web Tools team. It's an excellent and unfiltered group blog that everyone contributes to. Also follow the team on Twitter @aspnet and Facebook as we post there regularly.
We also released Visual Studio 2013.2 so be sure to go get that free update.
While everyone's jazzed about ASP.NET vNext, there's a lot of cool new stuff you can do TODAY with ASP.NET, like:
- A bunch of new improvements to ASP.NET WebForms including:
- ASP.NET Identity 2.0 support
- Entity DataSource control for EF6
- Dynamic Data provider for EF6
- Schedule small background worker tasks in .NET 4.5.2
- Updated WebForms Scaffolding
- Roslyn support for WebForms, razor pages, and code-behinds! This includes support for new C#6 features and lots more!
- Twitter Bootstrap CSS for WebForms
- New ASP.NET Session State Provider for Redis
OK, here's the videos from TechEd.
ASP.NET vNext Videos at TechEd
- The Future of .NET on the Server part 1 - Overview - Scott Hunter and Scott Hanselman
- The Future of .NET on the Server part 2 - Deep Dive - David Fowler and Scott Hanselman
Other ASP.NET videos from TechEd
- The Microsoft Application Platform for Developers: Create Applications That Span Devices and Services
- This is actually a pretty cool session. I show the complete Microsoft Development Stack in about 45 minutes with 8 (!) demos. I show Cordova Tooling for Visual Studio, I show apps written for Android and iPhone using Xamarin Tools in Visual Studio, and LOTS more.
- ASP.NET: Building Web Application Using ASP.NET and Visual Studio
- Channel 9 Live: ASP.NET Developer Q&A with Scott Hunter, David Fowler, and Scott Hanselman
We've also updated the ASP.NET site with all new vNext content and walkthroughs.
- Getting Started with ASP.NET vNext
- MusicStore Sample Application for ASP.NET vNext
- BugTracker Sample Application for ASP.NET vNext
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy piling through these posts and watching these videos. We sure have had fun (and continue to!) building all this. Remember, all the code is at http://github.com/aspnet.
Sponsor: Many thanks to Izenda for sponsoring the blog feed this week! Intuitive Ad Hoc Reporting with Stunning Visualizations - Embed real time dashboards into your ASP.NET applications for easy, custom reports across all devices.Download a FREE TRIAL of Izenda Today!