VIDEO: The Art of Speaking - with Scott Hanselman
It all started in high school with Musical Theatre. Then it continued when I was teaching as an Adjunct Professor at a State University. I like talking to people. Now I've been doing it for 20 years (25 if you count "My Fair Lady").
While I've had an opportunity to share some tips and tricks for speaking over the years on my blog, I've never really felt the information was organized. I've presented on presenting, but never assembled courseware. I've written many posts on the subject, but never created an e-book. The information is here and there, but not well, ahem, presented.
Then Rob Conery came to me with the idea of a polished 1 hour video where he asks me to speak on an unfamiliar topic, I research and build the talk, then present on the spot. All filmed, all real, all legit. It was too good an idea to pass up. Complete with interviews, examples, demos, how I design story arc, my thought process - applied.
We did it.
I'm sincerely thrilled to share the results with you today. A lot of hard work late at night, hours of thought, more hours of editing, and a little TekPub magic later and we can happily bring you my first TekPub video (UPDATE: Now Pluralsight) "The Art of Speaking - with Scott Hanselman."
Perhaps you've given technical speeches at work and are considering a local user group. Maybe you've spoken at code camps and want to go national or international. Or, perhaps you'd just like to be more comfortable talking to the folks at your office and presenting to the boss.
It's included with your TekPub annual or monthly subscription or you can just buy the one video. It's packed with information and it's got that polish that TekPub is known for. Rob and I feel that this one hour documentary style video is a great introduction into the minds of a technical speaker with not only experience, but passion for the topic.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it.
- Hanselman at TekPub - The Art of Speaking
- The Speaking category of this blog
- Hanselminutes on Channel 9 - Dozens of fun videos of me around the community
- Technical Presentations: Be Prepared for Absolute Chaos
- 11 Top Tips for a Successful Technical Presentation
- Tips for Preparing for a Technical Presentation
- Scott Hanselman's Original Tips for a Successful Presentation
- Presentation Tips PPT
- Developer Stand up Comedy - Coding 4 Fun
- How To: Convert a PowerPoint Presentation from 4:3 ratio to 16:9 without distorted or stretched images