Z is Six Months Old
Z is six months old today. He's sitting up, sleeping from 8 to 8, eating bananas, rolling all over the place and his mouth is open (as seen below) nearly 24 hours a day. We stopped reading the books that give measurements and tests, but we figure he's where he's supposed to be - he's happy at the very least. He's one jolly fellow.
Things we've learned in the last six months
- Babies that can't walk CAN leap off beds head-first and stick the landing.
- Breastfed Baby poop is cute; Solid-fed Baby poop less so.
- Everyone has an opinion and only yours matters.
- If you're a geek folks will assume your infant has a laptop and a blackberry even if you want him to be the outdoorsman you aren't. You'll find out who knows you and who doesn't at this point.
- Your wife is always cold and you're always hot, and she'll transfer her temperature paranoia to the baby, who will be bundled in a large blanket in the sweltering heat. "He's nippy!"
- Babies don't respect national holidays, nor do they appreciate sleeping in.
- Digital cameras were made for babies.
- You think you love you wife when you marry her. Then you have a baby and you realize you'd throw
your wifeyourself under a bus to save your baby. You can't love something more.
Pics of the ongoing saga are always at http://www.flickr.com/photos/computerzen/.