Hanselman's Newsletter of Wonderful Things: September 5th, 2014
I have a "whenever I get around to doing it" Newsletter of Wonderful Things. Why a newsletter? I dunno. It seems more personal somehow. Fight me.
You can view all the previous newsletters here. You can sign up here to the Newsletter of Wonderful Things or just wait and get them some weeks later on the blog, which hopefully you have subscribed to. If you're signed up via email, you'll get all the goodness FIRST. I also encourage you to subscribe to my blog. You can also have all my blog posts delivered via email if you like.
- Sure, why not dress up your dog like a spider and scare people?
- How can your startup get Traction? Great new book from Gabe Weinberg
- Five BRAND NEW 3 min "Getting Started with the Azure Cloud" videos
- Check out my latest podcast, this week with the CTO of JPL (Nasa)
- For all your co-workers who mess up your phone calls and webinars: howtounmute.com
- YouTube visualization of 15 sorting algorithms in 6 minutes.
- Great talk on CSS Parallax Performance from Paul Irish! Really interesting.
- I'm making Bento boxes for the boys' lunches. They're loving it! I use these "Bentgo" boxes from Amazon.
- There's a Linux Distro for TI Calculators now! It'll run Quake!
- Tic Tac Toe - in Pure CSS
- Introducing Gulp, Grunt, Bower, and npm support for Visual Studio
- The Star Wars Trailer...re-done in Guardians of the Galaxy Style
- Ten Things to Do To Secure a Famous Person's Computer
- This sign is supposed to show you which things are forbidden. But it actually creates the coolest dog ever.
- Dancing Baby Groot Cupcakes
- Ventriloquist Nina Conti
- Forever alone? Here's the bed for you.
- My review of the Surface Pro 3
- Wu Tang Financial's motto
- Hearing a lot about the Bionic Pancreas for Diabetics? Here's my take.
- Frank Caliendo (impressionist) as Morgan Freeman. Check out the series.
- 25 ways to ask your kids "how was school" without asking
- Amazing exit email from a Capitol Hill Staffer
- Afro-Chinese marriages boom in Guangzhou
- How much does one Lego Piece cost?
- DIY Game Boy with a Raspberry Pi
- Weird Al's incredible longevity
- Open Source is taking over Glucose Monitoring in the Diabetes Space
- How the Indiana Jones Films were just a dream by Han Solo
(BTW, since you *love* email you can subscribe to my blog via email here: http://feeds.hanselman.com/ScottHanselman DO IT!)
P.P.S. You know you can forward this to your friends, right?
Sponsor: Big thanks to Octopus Deploy for sponsoring the feed this week. They are FANTASTIC. Truly, check it out, the NuGet team uses them. Using NuGet and powerful conventions, Octopus Deploy makes it easy to automate releases of ASP.NET applications and Windows Services. Say goodbye to remote desktop and start automating today!