$25 Dollars from ING DIRECT with Deposit
This isn't spam, IMHO, but it's a useful enough offer for those of you readers who are interested in personal finance. We have a number of accounts with ING Direct, a bank of which I am a fan. They regularly have basic savings rates that are higher than anything else I have found.
- INGDirect gives 4.4% on their Savings and their 12-month CD is 5.1%
- Praveen points me to HSBCDirect.com with a 5.05% Savings!
- Kevin says Citibank has competitive rates also with 5.0% but requires a savings and checking out be linked.
- Emmigrant Direct will do 5.05% also in New York.
- WAMU will do 5.0% with a checking acount opening.
I like ING Direct because they are always upgrading their login page with new security features and there's no fuss to open an account.
If you sign up at http://www.ingdirect.com and reference code "CK921/hfbtitdex" (unfortunate code that) then you'll get US$25 free with an initial deposit of US$250. Not too bad if you're looking for a place to move your sock money to.
Disclaimer: ING Direct is NOT a Corillian Customer - I just think they are cool. This offer has nothing to do with Corillian. If you sign up, you get $25 immediately with a $250 deposit and I as an ING Direct Customer get $10. I will take that $10 and buy lunch at Chipotle.