OMG, I'm in love with FinePrint. This is the kind of tool that BillG should just bake into the OS. Just give these folks a million bucks and build it in. I'm so sick of 50 different printer drivers all behaving differently. FinePrint totally evens the playing field and has made my life (and my move to GTD) way easier.
It's a "fake" (virtual) printer driver that basically sits between you and your real printer. You print everything to FinePrint and it gives you an opportunity to mess with the pending print job.
Most interestingly, you can change 1:1 print jobs to 2, 4 or 8 up. This ROCKS. I can take 4 page long meeting agendas and print them on one page to any printer. (Some expensive copier/printer drivers support this in the driver, FinePrint works with all printers.)
How many times have you seen hundreds of sheets of paper (color ink, even) sitting printed in your company's copy room/office that one sided. Seriously, makes my heart ache. With this thing you can print double sided easily and do booklets as well.
Now that I'm all about the 43 Folders, I'm actually printing more, but with FinePrint I'm using less paper. It makes filing really easy.
Other things about FinePrint that make me happy:
- You can also print to the Clipboard. Ya, read that twice.
- Adjust the margins AFTER the fact.
- Create multiple "FinePrinters" that each have their own settings. One for 2 up, one for 8 up, etc.
- You can delete pages from Print Jobs after the fact.
- It can save print jobs and replay them like Tivo for Printers.
- Convert color to black or remove all graphics for fast web page printing.
- Build custom watermarks and letterhead that is automatically added to your printed output.
Well, I'm gushing, but I'm digging it.
Now playing: Counting Crows - Einstein On the Beach (For an Eggman)