Hanselman's Newsletter of Wonderful Things: April 3rd, 2013
I have a "whenever I get around to doing it" Newsletter of Wonderful Things. Why a newsletter? I dunno. It seems more personal somehow. Fight me.
You can view all the previous newsletters here. You can sign up here Newsletter of Wonderful Things or just wait and get them later on the blog, which hopefully you have subscribed to. Email folks get it first!
Here's the MOST RECENT newsletter, delay-posted as I do.
Thanks again for signing up for this experiment. Here's some interesting things I've come upon this week. If you forwarded this (or if it was forwarded to you) a reminder: You can sign up at http://hanselman.com/newsletter and the archive of all previous Newsletters is here.
- 38 gifs of stupid infomercial people
- Someone just needs to by me a DoubleRobotics robot. It's an iPad on a stick !
- I totally redesigned my site(s). Have you seen? Stop by http://hanselman.com and http://hanselminutes.com
- The CSS work on the site was just like this.
- Got $20k? Got it 10 times? Top 10 Living Legend Watches To Own
- When you go to a conference, sit in the front row.
- I can't handle infinity in my pocket
- Long, but fascinating read about building Photoshop 1.1 ...TODAY.
- Al Pacino: Full Roar
- 3D-ifying Documents Using CSS Transforms. Amazing and very clearly written.
- Is giving the secret to getting ahead?
- HTML5 Audio Tags aren't as easy and awesome as you'd think.
- Considering upgrading your podcast or audio gear with a new mic?
- Wanna work for Microsoft? My buddy is hiring. Tell him I sent you.
- I'm saving money in the cloud by making every byte count.
- The boys and I watched The Hobbit, this time on BluRay. It's actually better NOT in 3D and on a smaller screen.
(BTW, since you *love* email you can subscribe to my blog via email here: http://feeds.hanselman.com/ScottHanselman DO IT!)
P.P.S. You know you can forward this to your friends, right?
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
Absolutely fantastic job on your site redesign.
It's an art and science, and it's tough.
You've managed to blend your love for simplicity and elegance with your breadth and depth.
It's very Zen-like.
Your site reflects you.
And that's a good thing.
Warm Regards and would 1st appreciate the work for your new HTML5 based Responsive designed website, that's working like a charm. Looks neat and faster too. ;-)
There are few fixes that needs to cared as per my knowledge in navigating though. Excuse me, jus' wanted to help you to find them easier.
1. The Feed url that runs from your website being hailed by FeedBlitz is breaking though.
2. The Email link on your About page that redirects to the Feed burner says, you've deactivated it.
3. The Favicon post was excellent though have some questions running on my mind that how could a .ico consume 75Gigs of bandwidth, not being a useful resource to share though. Also the Favicon needs to updated on your Blogging site especially ;-)
As a suggestion, it would be great if you could add a Forum or a public thread where people can easily communicate just like getting answers. And a Contact form will be more useful.
You've been extraordinary Scott. I LOVE all your work/speech and posts. Keep Sharing.
I Pray the almighty to bless you :-)
Comments are closed.