Hanselminutes Podcast 222 - Art is Shipping - Designers and Developers with Jin Yang
My two-hundred-and-twenty-second podcast is up. Scott sits down with designer Jin Yang (@jzy) to talk about the fundamental differences between developers and designers. Are we a totally different breed? How should designers and developers work together? Should designers code their own sites?
NOTE: If you want to download our complete archives as a feed - that's all 219 shows, subscribe to the Complete MP3 Feed here.
Download: MP3 Full Show
Links from the Show
- http://www.456bereastreet.com/ (accessibility)
- http://www.alistapart.com/ (web design, standards)
- http://www.drawar.com/ (design community, articles, showcases and forum).
- http://www.lukew.com/ff/ (interaction design)
- http://37signals.com/svn/posts (web app design, inspirations)
- http://www.smashingmagazine.com/ (showcases, freebies, articles)
- http://typography.com/email/2010_03/index_tw.htm (typography)
- http://retinart.net/ (graphics design)
- http://cssglobe.com/ (frontend dev)
- http://ilovetypography.com/ (typography)
- http://www.uxbooth.com/ (User Experience)
- http://scriptandstyle.com/ (frontend dev)
- http://www.thegridsystem.org/ (layout)
- http://52weeksofux.com/ (User experience, design)
- http://tutsplus.com/ (tutorials)
- http://www.zeldman.com/ (web standards)
Do also remember the complete archives are always up and they have PDF Transcripts, a little known feature that show up a few weeks after each show.
Telerik is our sponsor for this show.
Hanselminutes podcasts listeners can get $50 off any Telerik product this summer. All interested listeners should drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the Hanselminutes promo and their sales team will reply with the special $50-off coupon code.
Building quality software is never easy. It requires skills and imagination. We cannot promise to improve your skills, but when it comes to User Interface and developer tools, we can provide the building blocks to take your application a step closer to your imagination. Explore the leading UI suites for ASP.NET AJAX,MVC,Silverlight,Windows Formsand WPF. Enjoy developer tools like .NET reporting,ORM,Automated Testing Tools, TFS, and Content Management Solution. And now you can increase your productivity with JustCode, Telerik’s new productivity tool for code analysis and refactoring. Visitwww.telerik.com.
As I've said before this show comes to you with the audio expertise and stewardship of Carl Franklin. The name comes from Travis Illig, but the goal of the show is simple. Avoid wasting the listener's time. (and make the commute less boring)
Enjoy. Who knows what'll happen in the next show?