Hanselminutes Podcast 56 - The Old New Thing with Raymond Chen
My fifty-sixth podcast is up. In this episode I got to hang out with Raymond Chen, a Win32 Programmer on the Shell Team at Microsoft. He blogs at The Old New Thing, and recently turned the best of his blog posts into a really quite excellent book that I purchased with my own money and very much enjoyed, even though my name appears in the quotes section. I said that Raymond was the original raconteur of Windows, and meeting him in person just cemented the obvious. He's a fantastically funny and deeply technical person - two of my favorite qualities - and this podcast is the result of our meeting last week.
ACTION: Please vote for us on Podcast Alley! Digg us at Digg Podcasts!
Links from the Show
Raymond's The Old New Thing (mw4)
Raymond Chen's column in TechNet Magazine (mw5)
Amazon: The Old New Thing (mw6)
Do also remember the archives are always up and they have PDF Transcripts, a little known feature that show up a few weeks after each show.
Our sponsors are Telerik and /n software.
Telerik is a new sponsor. Check out their UI Suite of controls for ASP.NET. It's very hardcore stuff. One of the things I appreciate about Telerik is their commitment to completeness. For example, they have a page about their Right-to-Left support while some vendors have zero support, or don't bother testing. They also are committed to XHTML compliance and publish their roadmap. It's nice when your controls vendor is very transparent.
As I've said before this show comes to you with the audio expertise and stewardship of Carl Franklin. The name comes from Travis Illig, but the goal of the show is simple. Avoid wasting the listener's time. (and make the commute less boring)
- The basic MP3 feed is here, and the iPod friendly one is here. There's a number of other ways you can get it (streaming, straight download, etc) that are all up on the site just below the fold. I use iTunes, myself, to listen to most podcasts, but I also use FeedDemon and it's built in support.
- Some other clients are Doppler (also suppose Windows CE), FireAnt, Nimiq, and PrimeTime Podcast.
- Note that for now, because of bandwidth constraints, the feeds always have just the current show. If you want to get an old show (and because many Podcasting Clients aren't smart enough to not download the file more than once) you can always find them at http://www.hanselminutes.com.
- I have, and will, also include the enclosures to this feed you're reading, so if you're already subscribed to ComputerZen and you're not interested in cluttering your life with another feed, you have the choice to get the 'cast as well.
- If there's a topic you'd like to hear, perhaps one that is better spoken than presented on a blog, or a great tool you can't live without, contact me and I'll get it in the queue!
Enjoy. Who knows what'll happen in the next show?
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
Comments are closed.