My views on community, productivity, kindness, and mindfulness on the Hanselminutes Fresh Tech Podcast
At the start of a new decade and over 700 episodes of my tech podcast, I did something weird. I had myself on the show. Egotistical, perhaps, given the show literally has my name in it, but the way it happened was interesting.
This episode wasn't supposed to be an episode! I was invited by Jeff Fritz of Twitch fame to talk to his community team of Live Coders on Discord. They recorded it, and mentioned several times that it was useful content! I didn't go into the private meeting thinking I'd record a show. It was effectively a conference call with friends old and new. It's unedited and off the cuff.
So, why not try something new and make this an episode! Let me know on Twitter if you find my views on community, productivity, and life useful to you!
I talk about:
- Longevity - Sticking to your goals
- Relationships - Business plans/goals/life settings/culture
- Living Life By Design rather than By Default
- Setting the Tone
- Positivity and how to maintain it
- Scaling yourself and your community
- Why Kindness Matters
- Blogging - it's a marathon not a sprint
- Feeding your spirit
- Why do we do something and why do we procrastinate?
- Removing Mental Clutter
- Why do I blog/create? Why do you?
- Conserving your keystrokes
- Advice to my 20 year old self
- Willpower and catching up
- What can you talk about? What can you write about?
- A question is a gift
- Why would I allow someone who doesn't love me ruin my day?
- Interviewing techniques and empathy
- The importance of improv and "yes, and"
- Charisma On Command
- Dealing with Imposter Syndrome
- Deliberate Practice
- Owning what you're good at
- Freaking Out
- Priorities - family and life
- What's important?
- Plan, execute on the plan, make a new plan
Please go listen to Episode 719 of the Hanselminutes Podcast, it's just 54 minutes long.
It's called "Myself: It's not weird at all" and I'm actually kind of proud of it. Let me know what you think in the comments!
if you like this show, you can give ME a gift by SHARING it with your people!
Sponsor: Veracode analyzed 1.4 million scans for their 2019 SOSS X report. The findings? 83% of apps have flaws like cross-site scripting, injection, and authentication—all adding to rising security debt.