.NET Framework Library Source Code available for viewing
It's live and you can give it a try now! Ten minutes ago Shawn and Scott released the hounds. If you'd like to step through .NET Framework Source code, here's what you need to do.
- Install this QFE.
- Note, if you're on 64-bit Windows, read the description as there is a single manual step for 64-bit folks like me.
That's it. Crazy. You can get more detail on Shawn's post if you need it. Here's me, just now, stepping into XPathNavigator's GetNamespacesInScope method.
Do note a few things.
- Loading source the first time will be slow. There's lots of it. It'll be faster the second time.
- If you can't right click and select Load Symbols from the Call Stack, try Ctrl-Alt-U and right click Load Symbols for the Module you want to step into.
- Hanselminutes Podcast 83 - Microsoft to release .NET Framework Libraries Source
- Configuring Visual Studio to Debug .NET Framework Source Code