Note to World: Stop thinking that "Recall this message" will work. It NEVER will.
If I had a nickel for every time someone sent an email followed by an attempt of "Fred would (desperately) like to recall this message."
Sorry Fred. I already saw your "I'd like one" or "Me too" or "Joe is a jerk" email that you Big-R'ed rather than Little-R'ed.
- Stop recalling your messages. It just looks bad and chances are it's already been delivered to your boss's BlackBerry.
- Set a "Delay" Rule in Outlook that holds your email in the outbox for 1 minute. This saves me weekly.
- "Little-R me" means Reply. "Big-R" means Reply to All. Don't Big-R if you've been BCC'ed. It kind of shatters the mystique of it all.
- Check twice if you are thinking of attaching something. Then check again, especially if it's your resume.
- Use punctuation. And Capitalization. im glad youre h4pi to be lazi but pls don't inflict your inability to use the "Shift" key on me. And don't blame your carpal tunnel. Just Shift.
- The P4-3.2Ghz1G can also check your spelling. Look into it.
- Subjects in emails are nice. "Dude...check this out" isn't a subject.
- If it's a throw-away comment, chat me instead. Ignoring you is easier than deleting.
- Think about a utility like SSW LookOut. Not the LookOut search engine, this is a tool that catches your swear words, complains if you use the word "attach" then attach nothing, and generally enforces Netiquette.