PDC Preparation Presses...
Getting reading for my talk at PDC 2008. 75 minutes just isn't enough time to cover everything. I hope the talk doesn't suck. Here's what my home office looks like as I'm getting my demos ready.
I was reminiscing by looking through the nine pages of my blog's PDC category just now. It was interesting to look at what I said about PDC 2003 in conclusion. (Yikes, 5 years ago?)
What I remember most about PDC 2003 was that I used my Blackberry (at the time) to Live Blog the whole keynote. Remember this is five years ago, before wireless was everywhere and a bit before keynote live blogging was really common. Hurt my fingers and hands a LOT as I recall.
Here's one of the posts I did from my Blackberry at the time:
* using System.MessageBus - the namespace for Indigo, interesante.
* Now, Don is going to use the Indigo system to post directly to his blog (http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/dbox) from the stage.
* They are checking out his blog, and they see that he hasn't blogged since last night.
* BOOM. Posted. Check it out.
* Now, they've switched to VB.NET (apparently Chris has been in the closet, and has been attracted to VB.NET since he was 5, but could never explain his feelings. Don wonders if he could do both languages...)
* Now they've added a component to the sidebar that will receive an Indigo message from their client. So they'll be talking "Indigo Messaging" for Interprocess Communication. They added a TextPanel to the SideBar and pushed text out to it.
Scott Hanselman - Corillian Corp
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Ah, good times. I hope to see you at PDC! My talk is on the first day, Monday at 5:15.