Spontaneous New York Ethiopian Nerd Dinner
I'm going to be in NYC for 3 short days (travel, talk, travel) and Dmitry Lyalin and I were thinking to do a dinner thing on Tuesday evening.
I've got an early flight out at 9am on Weds, so we'll be at Queen of Sheba NYC on Tuesday around 6:30pm. Hopefully we won't get kicked out for not having a reservation.
Every time I go to ANY town, anywhere in the world for the last 10 years, I always go to the nearest Ethiopian Restaurant. Consequently, if your town has a habesha me'gub beyt I've probably eaten there.
Ethiopian food is my grub. I could eat it all day long. I'm also into the Amharic Language, and recently Aleme from Beteseb.com read about my interest on my blog and was kind enough to send me a Fidel (The Ethiopian Alphabet is often hung as art), bringing my collection of Fidel to three. Time to find a better place to hang them. (Note, my wife is Ndebele, not Habesha, but I learned the language before I met her).
So, if you've never had Ethiopian Food, here's a good enough opportunity to come hang out and try it. (Of course, we're all going Dutch.)
RSVP in the Comments!
- Explaining the Ethiopic Numbering System and a tiny lesson on Amharic
- MUIs and LIPs - How to write in Chinese and localize Windows in your language
- Custom Cultures - WinForms Font Embedding Code with Ethiopian Amharic for Vista and XP
- 2007 African Music List
- Arusha Tanzania 2006 - Trip Rollup, we're back
- Arusha Tanzania 2006 Day 20 - Waiting for death's sweet release
- Hotel Rwanda
- The definition of Ubuntu - Marketing the new Linux Distro
- The 2004 Africa Trip in Pictures