DasBlog 1.8 RC1
UPDATE: Lots of testers and readers installed this RC and found some good bugs. Image uploading was slightly broken in this build, so if you haven't upgraded, hang back a bit. Remember that all bug reports should be filed on SourceForge, not sent to Omar and I directly. Feature requests should be filed also. We'll do another RC and/or possibly the 1.8 Gold Release later this week. There are also a few more features sneaking in, including 'pluggable' pings to blog sites like Technorati.
What are you doing this weekend? Why not install DasBlog 1.8 RC1? (as always back up your data!)
New Features of Note
- Anti-Spam Features
- Automatic Referral and Trackback blacklist update
- CAPTCHA for non-admin users
- Logging and display of Comment IP addresses and resolved Hostnames for Admins
- DasBlogUpgrader can strip spam from existing content folders
- Support for rel="nofollow"
- Ability to delete referrals and trackbacks directly from the Admin UI
- Security Features
- HttpOnly cookies
- Admin access auditing
- SMTP Authentication for outgoing mail
- Syndication Features
- Improved RSS Comments support for SharpReader and RSS Bandit
- Upgraded Atom support from 0.3 to Valid Atom 1.0. Syndication permalink changes but 301 is issued.
- RSS 2.0 validates via FeedValidator.
- Ability to mark entries as "syndicated" or not. Entries can appear on the site but not in RSS/Atom.
- Performance Features
- Search Highlighting is optional now
- Referrals are logged but not stored in XML by default. Configurable.
(This has huge performance benefits for high traffic sites.)
- DasBlog Upgrader can optionally remove all referrals.
(Again with high traffic sites some folks had 5meg XML files full of referrals)
- Theme templates are now cached in memory.
- Content Features
- Ability to pre- and post-date entries
- Permalinks based on Title and Date optional: 2005/06/06/title.aspx
- Latest build of Free Text Box including ability to upgrade FTB without upgrading DasBlog.
- Text Editor (FTB) supports FireFox
- Blog Statistics macro
- Mail-To-Weblog continues to improves. Works with Thunderbird.
- Extensibility Features
- Custom Macro Plugin model without recompiling DasBlog
- Theme Features
- DasBlog now ships with 16 themes and a Theme Combo to change between them.
- New theme.manifest file makes themes and image assets more portable.
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
First, when it tries to fix the dates in the content, I get plenty of these exceptions:
ERROR: Cannot delete file: d:\Copy of Ayende.com\Blog\content\2005-02-13.dayextra.xml
System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String destFileName)
at DasBlogUpgrader.Program.Upgrade(String path) in C:\dev\DasBlog CE\source\DasBlogUpgrader\Program.cs:line 240
Then, when cleaning the spam I get an unhanlded exception and it dies.
Found 22 trackings/referrals in d:\Copy of Ayende.com\Blog\content\2005-02-19.dayfeedback.xml
...Found 4u in http://mp3-sharing-communities.music-download-4u.net/, removing
...Found best in http://best-mp3-file-sharing.music-download-4u.net/, removing
...Found poker in http://poker-strategy-card.guideforcasinos.com/, removing
...Found poker in http://player-poker-profile.guideforcasinos.com/, removing
Unhandled Exception: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString, Boolean dontEscape)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
at DasBlogUpgrader.Program.IsBadNode(String nodeValue) in C:\dev\DasBlog CE\source\DasBlogUpgrader\Program.cs:line 269
at DasBlogUpgrader.Program.FixReferralSpam(String path) in C:\dev\DasBlog CE\source\DasBlogUpgrader\Program.cs:line 340
at DasBlogUpgrader.Program.Main(String args) in C:\dev\DasBlog CE\source\DasBlogUpgrader\Program.cs:line 462
The upgrade went smooth and without any problems and the new themes rock!
Hope I won't be manually cleaning trackbacks spam anymore...
Just a quick bug I spotted while checking the new themes:
The 'elegante' theme displays the words 'fasBlog Elegante' where my blog title should be...
Keep up the good work! :)
Encrypt Login Password will cause the password that you enter on login.aspx to be encrypted when posted to the server. That's all it does.
Thanks again for helping out!
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.EditConfigBox.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
while processing http://www.tommyblogs.com/EditConfig.aspx.
Any suggestions about how to debug this? Anything I should look for in site.config?
Found a bug in the 'Upload Image' functionality when editing entries.
I uploaded an image and it added an IMG tag to the editor with the following Url:
- Eran Kampf
Do you know if there is the problem to use FreeTextBox in Dasblog with IE 7? I recently downloaded and installed IE 7 beta 1 to my computer and found the freetextbox was disappeared when i wanted to add new entry. If so, how can it be fixed? or is there any workaround?
Don't know if you have already known that there is a new release of FreeTextBox on http://www.freetextbox.com/downloads.aspx.
I downloaded it and replaced the one on dasBlog web folder and changed the line on web.config like below:
It works perfectly now.
I hate to clutter up your comments here. If you would prefer that I file a bug over at SF.net, let me know.
Comments are closed.