Hanselman's Newsletter of Wonderful Things: March 19th, 2013
I have a "whenever I get around to doing it" Newsletter of Wonderful Things. Why a newsletter? I dunno. It seems more personal somehow. Fight me.
You can view all the previous newsletters here. You can sign up here Newsletter of Wonderful Things or just wait and get them later on the blog, which hopefully you have subscribed to.
Here's the LAST newsletter, delay-posted as I do.
Thanks again for signing up for this experiment. Here's some interesting things I've come upon this week. If you forwarded this (or if it was forwarded to you) a reminder: You can sign up at http://hanselman.com/newsletter and the archive of all previous Newsletters is here.
- In fact, HackerNewsletter is a good way to get just the good stuff out of HackerNews.
- Pure CSS Speech Bubbles. Yes please.
- Batman Replacing Characters In Other Movies. Insane.
- What happens if you replace all the guns in movies with a Thumbs Up?
- The Internet's Best Placeholder Image Sites for Web Development
- Candid superhero moments.
- Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling in 1994. Don't ask.
- Fascinating: Growing up Black in China.
- The Pope in 2005 and in 2013. Notice something in the crowd?
- Jean Grae is the greatest female MC you've never heard of. Well, I have. But YOU haven't.
- Could the eagles have flown Frodo into Mordor?
- What to ask for when there's no room in salary negotiations.
- Why you love Amazon's giant dropdown. There's science behind how it works.
- Olympic-style Swim Lane graphics in CSS3 . Yes, the web won.
- Have you broken up with someone over the lack of an Oxford Comma? Perhaps you should have.
- Technology fails in film are the new Wilhelm Scream
- Where Star Wars drew all inspiration .
(BTW, since you *love* email you can subscribe to my blog via email here: http://feeds.hanselman.com/ScottHanselmanDO IT!)
P.P.S. You know you can forward this to your friends, right?