Blog Redesign 2007
Yep, this blog looks old. It's time for a redesign. I kind of miss the 2003 look and feel, but my current site
I didn't want to ask publicly but Jeff Atwood insisted that I should, so here is my quiet call for help. If you're a Web 2.0 designer and you can sex up my blog to be all Web 2.1 like Alex's or Phil's, then holler at me and if it works out, I'll link to you with a "Designed by YOUR NAME HERE" on every page."
Things that are important to me:
- Work in IE7 and FireFox
- Have a Printer-specific CSS so stuff prints easily
- You have to use the CSS classes that DasBlog creates
- Little touches like making my comments look different than everyone else's
- Nice touches like XFN, little graphics next to external hrefs, etc...
- Pleasant, with room for some of the advertisements without making the site look like Las Vegas (it's heading in that direction)
Thanks...now back to your regular scheduled programming.
UPDATE: To be clear, in the weeks leading up to this post I've interviewed six paid designers. This post isn't an attempt to be mingy or miserly - I'm happy to pay if the designer would prefer. I just thought that many designers are looking for work and that some search engine optimization (SEO) in the form of 4500 links to their design site might be more valuable.