More dasBlog 1.7 changes coming soon
Omar and I are still busting our butts on a "newtelligence dasBlog Community Edition 1.7" release in the next few weeks. There will likely be a number of changes, many of which Omar has on the dasBlog Wiki.
In the last week we've:
- Corrected bugs in the HTTP 304 If-Modified-Since implementation that has cut Omar's RSS bandwidth from over 200 megs to under 40 megs.
- Fixed a number of little things and added better error logging.
- Command Line upgrade tool - You'll need to download your content directory, run this tool to update from 1.6 to 1.7, then upload your stuff. Think of it a "scandisk" for dasBlog. It also fixes the TimeZone problem.
- It will align the dates for entries with the dates for entry feedback (comments, etc)
- It will scrub referral spam
- It will repair Radio imported comments and entries
- A number of fixes to Login and cleaning up the MD5 security implementation for security logins over non-SSL'ed HTTP.
- Complete rewrite of ALL collection classes using Christoph Nahr's CodeSmith collections, plus some of my own secret sauce. I used version 1.6 of Chris's stuff because we desparately needed some thread safety in our (now) in-memory cache collections. We've also added thread locking in a few places which has reduced the number of "enumeration halted, collection modified" errors that I used to get all the time.
- The complete removal of BlogCoreData, CategoryCache and EntryCache increasing speed by roughly 200% and lowering disk access by roughly 400% with other perf benefits.
- Improved Omar's Link-by-Title-rather-than-GUID feature.
- Modification/Addition of the Complete Archives with bug fixes.
- Modification/Addition of the BlogRoll as an optional separate page with bug fixes.