Reflectoring with the Keyboard
It's nice to "discover" a feature that you knew was already there but had forgotten. Reflector's "Analyzer" feature is a way to walk a Depends On/Used By tree.
I can fairly say that I never use the Visual Studio Object Browser but I live in Reflector. I've tried integrating it with Visual Studio, but this is one application that I like using Full Screen. I don't want it buried in a "toolbox window".
One of the things I love the most about reflector is that it is completely (and intuitively) usable via the keyboard. You just need to know:
- Arrow Keys - Up, Down, Left, Right move you around the tree.
- Tab - Switches you between panes.
- F3 - Search. Lots of folks don't know that you can search on method name via the "Member Search" feature.
- Space - The magic button that pops you into code view.
- Ctrl-R - Starts the analyzer in a tree view in the right-hand page. At that point, the arrows, tabs, and space let you continue hunting.