Welcome Good Day Oregon Viewers - Fight Diabetes 2007
Hello! Perhaps you've just arrived at my blog after watching us today on Good Day Oregon from 5am to 9am.
Please do visit the Diabetes Category on this blog and read my personal story about my Type I Diabetes. If you can, please do Donate to the American Diabetes Association. If their site is down, do try again!
If you want to spread the word or email this to your friends, just send them to http://www.hanselman.com/fightdiabetes. We're trying to raise $50,000 and the folks on Team Hanselman and this blog have raised $25,000 so far! Thank you very much to those who have donated! Your money will go directly to diabetes research funded by the American Diabetes Association.
Video: Step Out for Diabetes on KPTV's Good Day Oregon
Here's some potentially interesting Diabetes Links for you to read:
- Scott's Diabetes Explanation - The Airplane Analogy - If you read one link from this post, read this one.
- Twitting my Diabetes - I was on NBC11 in the Bay Area when I blogged my Diabetes every few minutes for an entire day.
- Team Hanselman and Diabetes Walk 2007 - My Personal Story about Diabetes and information on how to join us on October 20th for the Walk to Fight Diabetes. There are also banners and badges you can add to your blog or MySpace page.
- A Call for Good Design - One Guy, an Insulin Pump, 8 PDAs and an iPod - A post about the sad state of design around Diabetes Equipment.
- Arusha Tanzania 2006 Day 14 - Travelling as a Diabetic - Here's how I travel to a different country in Africa each year or so and all the things a diabetic has to deal with when out and about.
- The First 12 Hours - The Medtronic Minimed Paradigm REAL-time Continuous Glucose Monitor - This is some information about the Continuous Sensor I use as well a brief history of Diabetes.
- Diabetes Walk 2006 - The Day of the Walk - We raised $12000 last year. Here's some pictures of Team Hanselman at least year's walk.
- Type 1 Diabetes will likely be cured in my lifetime - and just in time - Will Diabetes be cured in my lifetime? I hope so, as Diabetics die of Diabetes.
- Symlin plus Insulin equals new Diabetes Therapy - I am not only on an insulin pump, but I still take shots. (A lot of folks don't know that.) Here's why.
- What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes- - Here's my definition. Be sure to read the comments.
- Technology and the first insulin pump - Here's a picture of an early insulin pump.
- Garrick Neal's Ten Commandments of Diabetes - My good friend's tips for good control.
Thanks for visiting! I'll chop up the video and post it here when I'm back. We're on Good Day Oregon theoretically every 12 minutes, during the weather update, from 5am to 9am.
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
Nice coverage man. All I managed was a piece in a local paper. I need to get more serious.
Best of luck with your fundraising. I hope your completely obliterate your target.
Comments are closed.