2007 was a crazy year for us. The new year really hits me when I make a new folder at my house called \\server\photos\2008.
In one crazy year I...
- Quit my job as Chief Architect of Corillian and started work at Microsoft. Corillian had been purchased by CheckFree. Shortly after I quit CheckFree was purchased by FiServ. Oy!
- Moved west (halfway between Portland and the Beach) and built a house with a nice home office.
- Had a second son and we're exhausted. It's also hard to focus on work and what-not when the baby hasn't got his sleep thing down yet.
- Anyone who goes on leave/vacation and comes back saying they are "energized and ready to get back to work" in insane. Vacation is a tease, showing you what retirement will be like. I plan on sleeping through, 24 hours a day, from age 50 to age 100, making up for my current lack of sleep.
Here's a few blog posts of mine that didn't completely suck this last year. A greatest hits if you will. If you missed them, you might enjoy checking them out.
You might also take a look at the complete blogging year of 2007 in a large calendar, or peruse the dynamic timeline. Also, go get on the Hanselman Blog Google Guestmap!
- Family Portraits to start 2007
- Five Things You (Seriously) Didn't Know About Me
- Baby Sign Language - Update at 14 months
- The (Programming) Language Explosion
- Explaining CyberGeek Fame to my Wife
- Twittering my Diabetes - Conclusion and Complete Transcript
- Caught in the Act
- The Developer's Quitting Your Job Technology Checklist
- Getting Organized While Drinking from the (Outlook) Fire Hose
- Retrospective: Halo 3 Fights Diabetes
- Baby T arrives
- Saving Money on Lighting the New House
- New Job, New House, New Baby, and Designing a Totally New Home Office
- Happy Birthday to Mii - Wii Review
- Hands On - Sony e-ink Reader PRS-500 Reviewed
- Scott Hanselman's 2007 Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Windows
- Aliph Jawbone Bluetooth Headset Review and Audio Sample
- Typing Test twice, once with Voice Recognition
- Wiring the new house for a Home Network
- Baby Sign Language - Update at 2 years
- How To: Use Google Earth and SketchItUp to Visualize a New House Lot - Part 2
- Channel 9 Video - Talking to Jeffrey Snover, PowerShell Architect
- Making your Application Automatically Update Itself
- Showing Video on an Optimus Mini Three
- Exiting The Zone of Pain - Static Analysis with NDepend
- RFC: How FeedReaders and MacGyver report blog subscribers - Tunneled User-Agent Data
- Coding4Fun: Microbric Viper Robot with an Iguanaworks IR Serial Port and PowerShell
- Using ISAPI_Rewrite to canonicalize ASP.NET URLs and remove default.aspx
- Google GuestMap 2007 and adding Google Maps to your Site
- Virtual PC Tips and Hardware Assisted Virtualization
- Screencast: Writing Managed .NET Plugins for the Optimus Mini Three Keyboard
- Video: Windows Browser Speed Shootout - IE7, Firefox2, Opera9, Safari for Windows Beta 3
- Migrating a Family to Google Apps from Gmail, Thunderbird, Outlook and others: The Definitive Guide
- The Mystery of the Failed Live Meeting Launch
- ScottGu MVC Presentation and ScottHa Screencast from ALT.NET Conference
- Screencast HowTo: IIS7 and PHP with FastCGI
- Release IS NOT Debug: 64bit Optimizations and C# Method Inlining in Release Build Call Stacks
- ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions - plus MVC How-To Screencast
- The Programmer Phases of Grief: or Language Translation is Harder Than It Looks
- Is the Library at Alexandria burning every day? How do we cluster the cluster?
- Email Signature Etiquette - Too Much Flair?
- The CodingHorror Ultimate Developer Rig Throwdown: Part 1
- How to adjust your side/rear-view mirrors (and why you need 3 monitors)
- On Losing Data and a Family Backup Strategy
- Life Beyond Pie Charts: The right visualization for the right job
- Programmers, keep your wits about you and Code Mindfully
- The (Programming) Language Explosion
- Putting Mix, Silverlight, the CoreCLR and the DLR into context
- Garage Sales and Garage-Sale Quality Code
- Four Life-Changing Gadgets - GPS, iPod (MP3) and Tivo (DVR)
- Programmer Intent or What you're not getting about Ruby and why it's the tits
- The Skynet Compute Cloud: I think there is a world market for maybe Five Computers
- Three Things I Learned About Software WHILE NOT in College
- Beyond Elvis, Einstein and Mort: New Programming Stereotypes for Web 2.0
- Sez You Architecture and the Architecture Ninja
- Sharpen the Saw for Developers
- 5:01 Developers, Family, and Excitement about the Craft
- The Developer Theory of the Third Place
- Hanselminutes Podcast 47 - How to start your own MicroISV
- Hanselminutes Podcast 56 - The Old New Thing with Raymond Chen
- Hanselminutes Podcast 57 - Polita Paulus and The Minutes on Nine #1
- Hanselminutes Podcast 63 - Scott Guthrie and Jason Zander on Silverlight
- Hanselminutes Podcast 65 - Martin Fowler and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Hanselminutes Podcast 70 - Interview with Timothy Ferriss, Author of the 4 Hour Workweek
- Hanselminutes Podcast 72 - Be a Better Developer in Six Months
- Hanselminutes Podcast 73 - The Interns
- Hanselminutes Podcast 77 - Moving your Email into the Cloud - Google for Apps and Live Custom Domains
- Hanselminutes Podcast 84 - Concurency Programming with .NET Parallel Framework Extensions
- Hanselminutes Podcast 85 - EarthClassMail.com - Moving from LAMP to .NET 3.5
- Hanselminutes Podcast 88 - Writing FaceBook Applications with .NET - Interview with Mel Sampat, author of OutSync
- Hanselminutes Podcast 89 - Larry Osterman Makes Windows Go Ding
- Hanselminutes Podcast 91 - Eclipse and Open Source with Bjorn Freeman-Benson
- Hanselminutes Podcast 92 - Visual Basic Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow with Paul Vick
Here's to a positive new year for us all!