I have a "whenever I get around to doing it" Newsletter of Wonderful Things. Why a newsletter? I dunno. It seems more personal somehow. You can view all the previous newsletters here.
Here's the newsletter that I sent out August 5th. You can sign up here to the Newsletter of Wonderful Things or just wait and get them weeks later on the blog, which hopefully you have subscribed to. Subscribers get the goodness first!
Thanks again for signing up for this experiment. Here's some interesting things I've come upon this week. If you forwarded this (or if it was forwarded to you) a reminder: You can sign up at http://hanselman.com/newsletter and the archive of all previous Newsletters is here.
Remember, you get the newsletter here first. This one will be posted to the blog as an archive in a few weeks.
- OK, I admit that I DID read this deep analysis on the Klingon Forehead Problem. You will too.
- What happens when The Matrix style special-effects are applied to Major League Baseball? FreeD is amazing.
- The Wolverine Diet. I submit again, Hugh Jackman is 44 years old and I'm fat.
- An open letter to Sal Khan. Some math educators feel that the Khan Academy videos need more academic rigor.
- Excellent idea...a silicone band that holds your phone to your bike. Finn.
- 1978 Boba Fett Costume Screentest
- The world's most highbrow jokes.
- Calca is an amazing text based iOS calculator
- Geocities is back. https://neocities.org
- Inside Caracas' Tower of David, the World's Tallest Slum.
- Jimmy Fallon, Robin Thicke & The Roots Sing "Blurred Lines" (w/ Classroom Instruments)
- Creator of xkcd Reveals Secret Backstory of His Epic 3,099-Panel Comic "Time"
- Another "World's Largest" photo: See Tokyo like never before.
- Woman's four-and-a-half-foot afro is the world's largest
- Female athletes' biggest opponents are their own breasts
- Do you have a digital or social media will? Who will maintain your life online when you're dead?
- Bret Victor's "The Future of Programming."
- Daria Movie Trailer (with Aubrey Plaza) - CollegeHumor Video
- A Universe Full of Planets
- 1,138 behind the scenes photos of the Star Wars Trilogy
- 10 Words That You’ve Probably Been Misusing
- Sorry, astrologers - this is what it really means when a planet is in retrograde
- A statistical analysis of The Simpsons to answer the question, mathematically - Do they like each other?
- Star Wars photoshopping contest
- 53 'Arrested Development' Jokes You Probably Missed
- Watch Michael Jai White and Kimbo Slice, two exceptional fighters, talk candidly about throwing a punch.
- How Nerf Became the World's Best Purveyor of Big Guns for Kids
(BTW, since you *love* email you can subscribe to my blog via email here: http://feeds.hanselman.com/ScottHanselman DO IT!)
P.P.S. You know you can forward this to your friends, right?
Sponsor: A huge thank you to my friends at Red Gate for their support of the site this week. Check out Deployment Manager! Easy release management - Deploy your .NET apps, services and SQL Server databases in a single, repeatable process with Red Gate’s Deployment Manager. There’s a free Starter edition, so get started now!